Thursday, July 5

Three Strands


Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:12

It's hard to believe that four years ago we had our wedding ceremony. Sometimes it seems like only yesterday that we were engaged; Other times I feel like I've known Brad my entire life. Either way, our relationship makes me grin from ear to ear whenever I think about every part of it. There's no doubt in my mind that God hand-picked Brad to be my husband.

God blesses us in so many ways when we put our life in His hands. Being able to share my life and my faith with someone who loves me is wonderful. Brad and I have shared a lot of ups and downs and in betweens. We have pretty much run the gamut of what the wedding vows encapsulate.

Every anniversary is an occasion for us to reflect on what God is doing in our marriage. It doesn't just take the two of us to make our marriage work. It takes three of us--me, Brad, and God. By dedicating our life and marriage to Him we are far better at handling the things that life throws our way. Through the Holy Spirit, God gives us the strength we need to stand firm in the face of challenges that threaten to undo us. He has never let us fall.

Reflecting Pool

When you feel overpowered, do you have someone to turn to?

Is your relationship with God as real to you as your relationship with your spouse or best friend?

From where do you draw your strength to stand firm in the midst of trials?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Would you like to receive Pools of Grace in your email?
Enter email and click Subscribe: