Monday, July 30

Lighting the Way

Suggested Scripture:
Psalm 119:105-112

Key Verse:

Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
(Psalm 119:105, NIV)


I'm a planner. I like to know ahead of time how things are going to go and what I can expect in a typical day. Unfortunately, life doesn't always work out according to plan. Someone once said that "life is what happens when you're busy making plans for something else."


Over the years I've learned more about how to let God take my plans and conform them to His. I admit, at times that can be scary. Venturing out into the unknown tends to make my heart pound a bit. Despite my initial fears, I know that I am not left to fumble around in the dark on my own. God's Word lights my way, and illuminates my path. A little bit at a time, the darkness is pushed aside to make room for God's plan to unfold before me.

I take comfort in the fact that though I may not always know where I am going, at least I have God's light to help me see the next place to put my foot. As Christians we can rest assured that even in or darkest times, God is lighting our way. We may not be able to see too far ahead, but we can press on knowing that we are lovingly being led. We must hold onto the belief that God is in control and that he is working through our lives even when we do not understand what is happening.

Reflecting Pool:

How do you cope with venturing into the unknown?

When has something unexpected happened in your life, that completely changed your plans?

Are you comfortable only seeing a small piece of the plan at a time? If not, why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Would you like to receive Pools of Grace in your email?
Enter email and click Subscribe: