Wednesday, July 25

Experiencing Spiritual Burnout?

Suggested Scripture
77:1-24

Key Verse

Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter,
you will restore my life again;
from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up.
You will increase my honor and comfort me once again.
(Psalm 77:20-21, NIV)

Everyone burns out at one time or another. To expect otherwise would be unreasonable. Because we live in a world where strength and power are praised, many of us do our best to hide our insecurities and shortcomings. We often go to great lengths to exaggerate our strengths and downplay our weaknesses. This contributes to spiritual burnout.

There are times when my physical health isn't as strong as I would like it to be. During those times, my spiritual health can also wane. Although such times of weakness feel like they last for far too long, I know that each and every time God has given me a new point of view and a new way to trust in Him. I have learned that it is okay to be weak just so long as I remember that there is One who enables me to be strong.

The very fact that I cannot do certain things on my own only serves to emphasize that Christ is the One who works through me. If I never struggled with anything, I would never learn anything. If the path I walk as a Christian never tripped me up, I would never spend as much time on my knees in prayer as I do. Being strong has nothing to do with me, but everything to do with God.

Reflecting Pool

Are your present trials causing you to feel spiritually burned out?

When you feel weak, what makes you feel strong?

Do you trust God to comfort you and restore you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Would you like to receive Pools of Grace in your email?
Enter email and click Subscribe: