Friday, April 13

Heaven, We Have a Problem

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." --Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV)

Perhaps it's because I have studied the intricacies of the environmental processes of terra firma that I also have an interest in space . I'm not a NASA buff by any means, but I do read up on things that involve rocket science.

On this day in history, the three astronauts of Apollo 13, (Jim Lovell, Fred Haise, John Swigert) found themselves in a crippled space craft. During a routine maintenance check, an explosion triggered the loss of oxygen and electrical power in their command module. Returning to earth safely became their new mission.

In some ways, I feel like my body is the command module of Apollo 13. Cystic fibrosis limits my ability to use oxygen and power. However, I'm not left without a lifeboat. God gives me what I need to survive and complete my "mission" as his faithful servant. When I trust him to provide for me, I know that I will be protected and safe. He is my ultimate mission control, and because of that, I do not need to be afraid of anything that happens to me in this life.



Reflecting Pool

How has God provided for you when life is especially challenging?
Do you find comfort in knowing that God promises to never leave you or forsake you?


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Would you like to receive Pools of Grace in your email?
Enter email and click Subscribe: