Thursday, April 5

Friends Who Help

If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! --Ecclesiastes 4:10 (NIV)

I learned a lot at the Mount Hermon Christian Writer's Conference. In particular, God taught me a valuable lesson about how he sends friends to help.

The final session of the evening had drawn to a close, and I was ready to head back to my cabin. Only one thing stood in my way: darkness. I don't like being in the dark in my own home, let alone in unfamiliar surroundings. To make matters worse, I wasn't entirely confident that I could find the cabin on my own. Rather than risk getting lost or injured alone in the darkness on my way back up the hill, I decided to ask for help.

A fellow conferee was more than willing to assist me. She and I linked arms as we walked, just in case either of us might trip over something unseen. The peace of mind I experienced by having someone there to help me far outweighed my fear of appearing wimpy.

God places people in our lives for specific purposes. He provides the help we need by blessing us with friends who come alongside us in our moments of trial or weakness. Such friends are a physical reminder of God's care and love for us.



Reflecting Pool

How has God demonstrated his love to you through a friend?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Would you like to receive Pools of Grace in your email?
Enter email and click Subscribe: