Monday, April 9

That's It?

But Naaman went away angry and said, "I thought that he would surely come out to me and stand and call on the name of the LORD his God, wave his hand over the spot and cure me of my leprosy. --2 Kings 5:11 (NIV)

We take our bathrooms very seriously around our house. So naturally, when one of our toilet seats began to unseat itself from its base, I wanted it fixed immediately. I found a little kit at "Bed, Bath and Beyond" that had all the screws, washers and plastic nuts I needed to repair the offending wiggler.

Sitting on the laminate floor of the master bathroom, I reached under the toilet bowl to get the lay of the land. I was already envisioning my triumph. My dreams of glory quickly dissipated as I realized that my handy-dandy little fix-it kit would not be necessary. Instead, all I had to do was twist the existing screws to the right, and the problem was solved.

I thought to myself, "That's it?"

I suppose I should have been glad that it was a simple problem to solve. To be honest, I was really looking forward to doing something that required a bit more elbow grease.

God's hand at work in our lives is sometimes simpler than we realize. We think that because He is the Almighty God, anything that comes from Him should be delivered by an angelic messenger and a clap of thunder. This is not the case. In small, every day ways, he works in our lives and gives us exactly what we need, in exactly the right amounts. Just because His ways aren't necessarily bold and flashy, doesn't mean they are any less sovereign or holy.




Reflecting Pool:

When has God provided a simple solution to something you felt was overwhelming?
Do you see God at work in both small and big ways?


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Would you like to receive Pools of Grace in your email?
Enter email and click Subscribe: