Friday, April 15

Changes Ahead!

I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.--1st Corinthians 9:22b-23

Dear friends,

Exciting things are happening around here lately! The Verse of the Day website (educatedguesser.blogspot.com) has been receiving record numbers of visits. Some of the most interesting trends I have noticed is that the number of unique visitors to the site is increasing, as is the length of time visitors spend reading the posts. This can only mean that more people are being exposed to God's Word.

In an effort to more effectively reflect God's truth to the world at large, I have decided to give this website a facelift. Over the next several weeks you will see this website undergo a series of changes. Although you might not find a new post each day, please browse the site's archives and make use of the comments function to let me know which topics are most meaningful to you, which ones resonated with you, or even which ones you didn't understand or like. (Please be kind about typos though! Spell-checker on this thing has been quite temperamental.) Feedback from regular readers will be very useful in helping me make the new site even better.

I anticipate a new layout, more meaningful and useful links, and possibly a searchable index. The first and most notable change will be the site's name. You will still be able to use 'educatedguesser.blogspot.com' as the URL, but from this point forward, Verse of the Day will be known as "Pools of Grace". I have chosen this name based on the following section of a poem my husband once wrote:

Lord, in time of need I look to you.
Lord, in time of need, I seek your face.
Lord, in time of need, I worship you,
and you bathe me in the pool of your grace.


I believe that not a day exists in which we do not need to look to God for strength, wisdom, encouragement or comfort. Because He is a deeply personal God, He is there to meet our needs in every situation we face in life. God's involvement in our day to day lives is not a passive one. He continually bathes us in pools of His grace, for it is by grace that we are saved (Ephesians 1:3-10, Ephesians 2: 7-9).

Thank you in advance for your patience during this period of transition. I look forward to sharing "Pools of Grace" with you. Please pray that God will use this website in accordance with His will so that more hearts can be turned toward Him. Pray also that the Holy Spirit uses my written words to encourage and strengthen the body of believers.

In Christ,
Lauren

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful poem. . . I love the thought of being bathed in a pool of grace. I am looking forward to all you do with this website, Lauren. It's exciting to know that people are taking the time to be refreshed by the Word of God! May we continue to grow in the Lord as we immerse ourselves in His word.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Would you like to receive Pools of Grace in your email?
Enter email and click Subscribe: