Thursday, April 28

More Cake, Please

Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness. --Psalm 115:1

For the last few weeks I've been at home dealing with health issues. Because I'm the type of person who thrives on activity and busyness, taking time off work has been an unwelcome break in my day-to-day routine. Since I haven't had a whole lot of energy for much else, I've been doing some writing. My journal as of late, has been filled with reflections, thoughts and prayers. In thinking about my life thus far, I see how the hand of God has lead me in certain directions.

Where I am today, and the kind of person I am, has far more to do with God than with me.
In spite of any health struggles I've had lately, God has given me so much peace and comfort about what He is doing in my life. Today is my birthday and I've realized that my "To Do" list is pretty short!

God has blessed me with so much, more than I could have hoped. I've met and married an incredible Christian man, I've graduated from college, I'm working at a job that is ideal for me, and I'm part of a church that makes me feel very much at home. Although I believe I have worked hard for those things, I believe even more so that it is God who has worked everything out according to His plan to put me where I am today. Because of His love and faithfulness, I am content with my life. Because of His faithfulness and character, I don't need to worry about what would happen if all those things were suddenly taken away.

God has provided for me out of His love and faithfulness even before time existed. For the last 25 years of my existence, He has given me grace that is sufficient to get me through each day. Today as I celebrate my birthday, I'll actually be celebrating God's faithfulness.


Now if you'll excuse me, I think this celebration calls for some cake!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Blogger Harry J. Sachz said...

wow.. your graphic does look really good... great job :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Would you like to receive Pools of Grace in your email?
Enter email and click Subscribe: