Tuesday, August 24

Dream Big

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. --Philippians 4:13

I cannot call to mind a time when I have ever been told that I can't do something. Although I face some limitations when it comes to my health, I don't really let that stand in the way of my plans. More accurately, I don't let that stand in the way of God's plan for me. I am continually amazed at the things that God allows me to experience and acheive when I put complete faith in Him and rely on His strength.

I am a motivated, goal oriented person. I like to set my expectations and goals high. I expect a lot of myself, and sometimes that results in putting too much pressure on myself. It is in those moments when I realize that I am not the one in control. I have to then acknowledge my shortcomings to finally allow God to have complete control. Relinquishing my self-motivated ambitions can be very difficult, but I know that I can ultimately exceed any expectation by letting God be my driving force.

God helps me meet all my goals for myself and even provides ways for me to exceed my limits. If God's plan for my life presents me with certain opportunities, I do my best to take them. This verse in Philippians also reminds me of Proverbs 16:3, which says that when we trust the Lord with our plans, they will succeed.

As my relationship with God changes, my goals and dreams also change as I become more familiar with recognizing God's influence in my life. When I rely on God's strength instead of my own, I get to dream big. Not only that, but I have seen the big dreams in my life come true. Whether it is figuring out how to become more involved in my new church family, making new friends, or rising to the challenges of a new job, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Would you like to receive Pools of Grace in your email?
Enter email and click Subscribe: