Tuesday, June 21

It's Okay To Be Weak

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. --Isaiah 40:29

Because we live in a world where strength, and power are praised, many of us do our best to hide our insecurities and shortcomings. We often go to great lengths to exaggerate our strengths and downplay our weaknesses in order to make ourselves look better to others. In truth, the very people we try to impress may just as well be struggling with the same feelings of weakness and may be just as weary from trying to hide it.

There are times when my physical health isn't as strong as I would like it to be. During those times, my spiritual health can also wane. Although such times of weakness feel like they last for far too long, I know that each and every time that happens, God has given me a new point of view and a new way to trust in Him. I have learned that it is okay to be weak just so long as I remember that there is One who enables me to be strong.

The very fact that I cannot do certain things on my own only serves to emphasize that Christ is the One who works through me. If I never struggled with anything, I would never learn anything. If the path I walk as a Christian never tripped me up, I would never spend as much time on my knees in prayer as I do. Being strong has nothing to do with me, but everything to do with God.

I am the first to admit that I am a weak when it comes to certain areas of my life. I am also the first to admit that I have come this far by faith and it is that very faith that connects me to a source of strength and peace that is indescribable. Nothing this world has to offer even comes close to that kind of power.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Would you like to receive Pools of Grace in your email?
Enter email and click Subscribe: