Wednesday, September 29

The Critical Decade: A Note to My Readers

My Dear Friends,

Dr. James Dobson of Focus on the Family refers to the period in a young person's life from age 16 to 26 as "The Critical Decade". It is in this 10 year span that the most life changing decisions are made, including the choice of occupation, friendships, and, if so led, finding a suitable marriage partner and starting a family. The decisions a young person makes during the critical decade have a profound effect on what type of individual he or she will be as an adult.

As a person still navigating the critical decade, I have thought back on the choices I have made between high school and now, and I can see how they have shaped me. I realize that each decision, good or bad, became an integral part of my identity. Over the next several days, I would like to write about various decision-making topics, especially those faced by my readers who, like me, are still in the midst of the critical decade. I will be using Biblical references an other things I have read as sources to consider. I hope that my readers will find value and truth in what God has to say, and that this will be a thought provoking time.

Please bear in mind that I am not a psychologist or any other type of expert in the area of human behavior. However, I have had a number of real-life experiences that have served to teach me different things. Some things I say may not apply to you or interest you, and that's ok. As the format of my writings will be slightly different in nature than you have seen in the past, I encourage you to offer your feedback. Please make use of the "comments" feature at the bottom of each post. I will do my best to respond as appropriate. I look forward to this time of learning together.

God Bless,
Lauren <><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Would you like to receive Pools of Grace in your email?
Enter email and click Subscribe: